For those who’re solely utilizing a point-of-sale (POS) system for processing gross sales, you might be lacking out. A POS holds a treasure trove of knowledge that may be helpful to what you are promoting. Let’s have a look at the advantages of tapping into POS knowledge assortment and the way you should use your point-of-sale knowledge to remarket to clients.
What’s point-of-sale knowledge assortment?
Level-of-sale knowledge assortment is the method of curating and analyzing enter generated by every buyer transaction at what you are promoting. POS knowledge could relate to gross sales and returns, and is collected by way of in-store techniques in addition to on-line retailer platforms.
Level-of-sale knowledge might help a enterprise:
And at last, among the finest ways in which point-of-sale knowledge might help what you are promoting is by supporting remarketing initiatives.
The advantages of utilizing POS knowledge to remarket to clients
Remarketing is the act of sending messages to previous clients and audiences who’ve already proven an curiosity in what you are promoting.
Remarketing is a strong and efficient option to drive repeat enterprise and enhance gross sales.
Think about these remarketing statistics:
- Returning clients could spend as much as 67 % greater than new clients.
- It could actually value 5 instances extra to usher in a brand new buyer than an current one.
- The likelihood of changing a brand new buyer is simply 5 to twenty %. The likelihood of changing an current buyer is 60 to 70 %.
Remarketing is a strategic option to enhance gross sales whereas holding advertising and marketing prices down — and POS knowledge is the proper instrument for creating remarketing campaigns.
8 methods to make use of your point-of-sale knowledge to remarket to clients
To get extra out of your POS, think about these methods to make use of your point-of-sale knowledge to remarket to clients.
1. Create a direct reference to clients
With regards to staying linked with clients, nothing is best than having an e-mail tackle or telephone quantity. Many companies concentrate on getting followers and followers on social media, however that’s an oblique connection. Cellphone numbers and e-mail addresses are direct avenues to ascertain connections.
By way of textual content and email marketing, you may straight attain clients when you’ve messages to share. Audiences usually tend to see e-mail and textual content messages than social posts as a result of social media posts typically get buried or have to be promoted to be seen.
Use your point-of-sale system to create a direct reference to clients by accumulating their title, e-mail and telephone quantity throughout check-out.
2. Create buyer profiles
After getting contact data for a buyer, create a profile for them utilizing their data as identifiers. You don’t want all the buyer’s data. You possibly can create profiles based mostly on a telephone quantity or simply an e-mail. The extra data you acquire to get a full image of the client, the higher.
Encourage clients to create profiles by:
- Providing incentives reminiscent of coupons and giveaways for making a profile
- Setting up customer loyalty programs that present factors for every buy
- Offering members-only VIP or unique content material
- Cultivating a neighborhood that clients need to be part of
3. Find out about clients
After getting buyer profiles, you can begin to be taught extra concerning the individuals who do enterprise with you. Start to trace how clients interact with what you are promoting through the use of your point-of-sale knowledge to trace:
- Services bought
- Sort of ordering habits (on-line, in-store, supply, and so on.)
- Frequency of purchases
- Time and date of purchases
- Places of purchases
The info helps you get to know when clients go to, what services and products they like, and what different choices they is likely to be all in favour of.
4. Mix knowledge from different sources
Level-of-sale knowledge assortment has its limitations–you may solely be taught a lot about your clients with that knowledge. However you may mix what you recognize about clients by merging POS knowledge with data you collect from different sources, making a extra highly effective database.
You possibly can sync the info collected out of your POS with different techniques so all buyer knowledge is curated in a single platform. Think about the place else you’ve buyer data and see should you can join these platforms together with your POS.
- Buyer relationship supervisor (CRM)
- Social media profiles
- Online store accounts
- App profiles
5. Phase buyer lists
After getting curated buyer data, you may start to establish particular teams inside your buyer base.
You can begin to section your record based mostly on buyer habits, pursuits and actions.
For instance, chances are you’ll establish clients teams reminiscent of individuals:
- Who solely store on-line
- Who make a month-to-month buy
- Who solely buy gross sales gadgets
- Who solely go to one location
Create lists inside your buyer database based mostly on actions that present a pattern or theme.
6. Ship remarketing messaging based mostly on buyer segments
With lists of distinctive buyer segments, you may start to craft extra focused advertising and marketing messages. Prospects are extra doubtless to reply to advertising and marketing messages when they’re associated to one thing the client likes, needs or wants.
Use your segments to establish what’s prone to curiosity clients and create associated advertising and marketing messages that you simply ship through e-mail or textual content.
- Ship a free transport coupon to clients who solely store on-line
- Ship an e-mail with new merchandise to clients who make a month-to-month buy
- Ship an e-mail with new sale gadgets to clients who solely buy sale gadgets
- Solely ship textual content promotions associated to one among your areas to clients who often go to that location
7. Ship remarketing messaging based mostly on particular person behaviors
Your POS knowledge can let you know about teams of consumers in addition to particular person clients. You should use knowledge to study every buyer and use marketing automation to set off campaigns based mostly on particular person buyer actions and actions.
- If a buyer purchases a product, ship them a promotion for complementary merchandise (reminiscent of sending somebody who purchased a brand new bike an e-mail with helmet merchandise).
- If a buyer purchases a product, upsell them with an add-on (reminiscent of sending somebody who scheduled a therapeutic massage on-line an e-mail asking them in the event that they need to add scorching stones to their remedy).
- If a buyer hasn’t visited in just a few weeks, you would ship an e-mail with a coupon welcoming them to return.
Take what you recognize about your clients and their buying habits to craft extra customized advertising and marketing messages that supply clients one thing they uniquely need, like and want.
Associated: How to use personalization to increase sales
8. Respect your clients’ privateness
Whereas knowledge is nice for companies, it might have its drawbacks. Prospects have gotten extra involved about their privateness and wish to have the ability to make extra choices with regards to how their knowledge is used.
As you discover methods to make use of your point-of-sale knowledge, at all times put your clients first. Arrange gateways that enable your clients to manage the data you acquire and provides them choices to choose out at each step.
Associated: 5 best practices for customer data management
Put your point-of-sale knowledge to work
If you’re seeking to enhance gross sales whereas holding advertising and marketing prices down, think about how one can mix the ability of point-of-sale knowledge and remarketing.
By combining the 2, you may create advertising and marketing campaigns that enhance gross sales whereas spending much less and giving clients what they actually need.
Cease ignoring the precious knowledge collected by your POS system. Be taught from these methods to make use of your point-of-sale knowledge to remarket to clients. Then, broaden your advertising and marketing efforts additional by leveraging the net advertising and marketing instruments included in GoDaddy’s Digital Marketing Suite.