Advertiser Disclosure: This site is part of affiliate sales networks and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
2022.3 Update: The new offer is 90k. Offer ends on 2022.4.13. It’s similar to the regular 90k offer showing in incognito mode.
2021.11 Update: The 90k offer still exists. You may need to use incognito mode to see it. Screenshot.
2021.9 Update: The new offer is 90k, and it expires on 2021.11.10.
2021.6 Update: The new offer is 90k+$200, best ever offer on this card! Offer end on 08/25/2021.
- 90k offer: earn 90,000 Delta Miles after spending $3,000 in first 3 months. The recent best offer is 90k+$200.
- We value Delta Miles at 1.3 cents/mile (Airline Miles Value). So the 90k+$200 highest welcome offer is worth about $1,370! See A Beginner’s Guide to Delta Miles to check for details about Delta Miles.
- With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, you’ll receive a Companion Certificate each year just for renewing your Card. With this Certificate, you can invite someone special to fly with you on an eligible round-trip domestic flight. If you use it properly, it is worth about $500 and it is easy to cover the annual fee.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on hotels and Delta purchases; 2 miles per $1 spent on restaurants and U.S. supermarkets; 1 mile per $1 spent on other purchases.
- First checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Enjoy the right to priority boarding Delta Flight fly.
- 20% savings on in–flight foods and entertainment.
- Status Boost: earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔ Fee Credit.
- [New] Cell phone protection: get up to $800 per claim and 2 claims per year in cell phone protection against covered theft or damage for phones listed on your monthly cell phone bill when you pay it with your eligible credit card. Deductible $50.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offer, which usually offers very good discounts at some stores, such as: spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 10,000 bonus Delta miles for every approved account you refer, up to 55,000 Delta miles per calendar year.
- $250 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
DL Companion Certificate Rules
- You can only use the companion certificate on Delta flight only (including Delta connection, Delta shuttles)
- You’ll need to buy your tickets at least 14 days in advance with a minimum 3 night stay
- You must book seats in fare class L, U, or T (discount coach class) only
- You and your companion must fly the exact same itinerary
- Taxes and Fees apply to the companion ticket
- Companion certificates can be transferred，but are not eligible for upgrades
- If you cancel a companion itinerary, you won’t get the certificate back
- You’ll earn miles on the paid ticket, but not the companion ticket
- You must use your Platinum Delta SkyMiles card to pay for the tickets
Recommended Application Time
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but this rule does not apply to charge cards. Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, but this rule does not apply to charge cards.
The welcome bonus is very generous, therefore this card is very worth applying. The best part of this card is the Companion Certificate which often worth more than $500 and you can easily use that to cover the annual fee. If you can’t take advantage of the Companion Certificate, then you can consider downgrading it to the no fee AmEx Blue Delta card after one year.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.