There are 11 federal holidays in 2022. Most retail stores are open on many of those holidays. Costco actually closes for more of them than many other retailers do. However, they do stay open for several of them as well. This makes things confusing if you’re a Costco shopper who likes to knock out your shopping list when you’re off from work for the holidays. So that you can plan accordingly, we’ve created a list of the Holiday Schedules for Costco 2022.
Holiday Schedules for Costco 2022
Costco closes for seven holidays throughout 2022. Moreover, they close early in recognition of two other days. Make sure that you mark these on your calendar if you’re a regular Costco shopper.
What Holidays is Costco Closed in 2022?
Costco is closed on the following seven holidays in 2022:
- New Year’s Day, which is Saturday, January 1, 2022. Note that federal buildings and services closed on the Friday before a Saturday holiday in observance of that holiday. However, Costco closes on the day of the holidays.
- Easter Sunday, which is Sunday, April 17, 2022. You might be intrigued to know that this actually isn’t a federal holiday. However, it’s a widely recognized holiday for which Costco closes its doors.
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2022.
- Independence Day, Monday, July 4, 2022.
- Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2022.
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24, 2022
- Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25, 2022. Similar to the first holiday of the year, federal businesses will observe the holiday on Monday, December 26th, but Costco will close only on the actual day.
What Holidays Will Costco Close Early in 2022?
There are two additional days during the year that Costco usually closes early for the holidays:
- Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24, 2022
- New Year’s Eve, Saturday, December 31, 2022.
Neither of these are official federal holidays. However, Costco usually closes early so that employees can go home and celebrate these big days of the year with their loved ones. However, things might end up a little different during 2022. You see, Costco stores usually close at 8:30 pm but typically close at 6 pm on these holidays. However, those are Costco’s weekday hours. Costco stores close at 6 pm on Saturdays. These days both fall on Saturdays in 2022. As a result, we aren’t yet sure whether Costco will close early on these days or maintain their regular Saturday hours. We will update you as the dates near.
What Holidays Will Costco Stay Open in 2022?
Obviously, this list doesn’t include all 11 federal holidays. Moreover, it includes days that aren’t federal holidays. Here are the 2022 federal holidays during which Costco remains open:
- Martin Luther King Jr Day, Monday, January 17
- President’s Day: Monday, February 21
- Juneteenth: Sunday, June 19 (Officially observed Monday, June 20, but Costco will stay open both days)
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day (also observed as Columbus Day): Monday, October 10
- Veterans’ Day: Friday, November 11
This list certainly brings up some interesting questions, such as why Costco chooses to close for Memorial Day but not Veteran’s Day. That’s the way it is, though, so mark your calendars accordingly.
Costco 2022 Hours
Most Costco stores are open the following hours. However, you should always check with your local store to make sure that this is true for you specific store location:
- Costco is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am until 8:30 pm
- Costco is open Saturday from 9:30 am until 6:00 pm
- Costco is open Sunday from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm
Remember that unusual events can change these hours. For example, hours changed in the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, remember that services inside of Costco stores may have different hours than the store itself. For example, Costco is open on Sundays but their pharmacies are all closed.
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.