Harvest is a web-based time monitoring software program with invoicing, challenge estimates, and on-line cost capabilities. Accessible by way of cell apps, desktop packages, and net browser extensions, its options embody time sheet approvals, automated alerts, over 50 integration choices, and a simple-to-use timer. Harvest has a free plan and a paid possibility that prices $12 per consumer month-to-month.
What We Suggest Harvest For
Harvest makes it attainable for freelancers, solopreneurs, and small and midsize companies (SMBs) to trace time on tasks whereas managing duties, groups, and shopper invoices. Incomes a spot in our best time tracking software guide, it was given excessive marks in ease of use, pricing, and monitoring billable hours and job labor prices. Nonetheless, it misplaced factors as a result of it lacks GPS monitoring and doesn’t assist clock-ins/out by means of PIN code and biometric scans. Harvest additionally doesn’t combine with payroll techniques—which might have made worker pay processing based mostly on precise hours labored simpler for enterprise homeowners.
In brief, Harvest is greatest for:
- Freelancers and solopreneurs on the lookout for free time monitoring, invoicing, and expensing instruments: Its free plan is a superb possibility for many who deal with as much as two tasks at a time and wish only one seat. Aside from an internet time tracker, Harvest’s free tier comes with invoicing, funds, studies, and buyer assist.
- SMBs that deal with tasks for purchasers: Harvest’s Professional plan caters to limitless customers and tasks, so this selection will allow you to collaborate with workforce members and observe time, revenue, and bills for a number of tasks.
- Freelancers in rural areas with weak web connection: When you’re utilizing Harvest’s cell apps (for iOS and Android units), you’ll be able to proceed to trace time and log bills even when you lose web connection. Harvest will sync all saved information to your account as soon as the connection has been restored.
When Harvest Would Not Be a Good Match
- If it is advisable to seize the precise hours labored of hourly workers, then Harvest isn’t match as a result of it’s basically an internet stopwatch. We suggest Homebase since its on-line time clock is designed to watch the attendance of hourly workers. Plus, it has a free plan that features scheduling, time and attendance monitoring, and fundamental hiring instruments for companies with one bodily location.
- When you’re on the lookout for low-cost time monitoring of limitless tasks, Clockify is an efficient various. It has a free possibility that comes with on-line time sheets, detailed studies, limitless customers and tasks, and time tracker apps that work on computer systems and cell units. If you’d like extra options like invoicing and time audits, Clockify gives moderately priced improve plans with month-to-month charges that begin at $4.99 per consumer.
- When you require each billable hours monitoring and hourly workers time monitoring, then contemplate QuickBooks Time. You should use its time tracker apps to document billable hours on tasks. When you make use of hourly workers working in the identical location, its clock kiosk answer may also help you seize time in/out transactions. The kiosk even helps PIN codes and facial recognition scans to stop buddy punching.
Harvest’s pricing information reveals one free plan and a paid Professional tier that prices $12 per consumer if billed month-to-month or $10.80 per consumer if billed yearly. The primary variations between the choices embody entry to limitless tasks, information imports, integration with QuickBooks On-line, and the potential so as to add information to invoices.
Each plans include limitless invoices, on-line funds, expense monitoring, reporting instruments, and integration choices. Along with telephone and e-mail assist, you’re granted entry to time tracker apps that work on net browsers, desktop computer systems, and cell units.
Harvest additionally gives reductions to the next purchasers:
- Those that want 50+ consumer seats: 15% if customers pay for the yr upfront
- Nonprofits and academic establishments: 15% for many who go for month-to-month billing and 25% for annual subscribers
When you’re not sure whether or not to decide to both a free or Professional plan, you’ll be able to strive Harvest free of charge for as much as 30 days. Better of all, you don’t have to supply your bank card particulars when signing up for its free trial.
Harvest supplies you with a simple option to observe time whereas letting you estimate challenge prices, handle groups, bill purchasers, and obtain funds on-line. Let’s have a look at a few of its important options that will help you resolve whether or not or not it suits your wants.
Time Monitoring Apps
Word, nevertheless, that its desktop and net browser variations require robust web connection. When you work in an space the place the connection is weak, we suggest you utilize Harvest’s cell apps. It saves all tracked time when you’re offline after which syncs it to your account as soon as the web connection has been restored.
On-line Time Sheet
With Harvest, you’ll be able to select to have your staff submit their on-line time sheets to supervisors or managers for approval. You’ll be able to even arrange weekly e-mail notifications reminding your workers to overview and ship time sheets.
Harvest additionally gives two alternative ways which you can view the time sheet: the Day view and the Week view. Every possibility comes with completely different functionalities for monitoring time on tasks.
Day view: With the Day view, you can begin and cease the net timer as you’re employed on shopper tasks. Along with creating a brand new time entry, you’ll be able to add notes concerning the process or challenge. It even permits you to manually enter both the beginning and finish occasions or the full variety of hours per process.
Week view: Except for offering an outline of what you labored on throughout every week, it enables you to manually enter the hours spent on tasks for a number of days directly. Nonetheless, the “Observe time by way of period” setting needs to be enabled by your system administration to permit handbook edits when the time sheet is in Week view.
Earlier than you and your staff can observe time on Harvest, it is advisable to create and add the shopper profiles, tasks, and duties to your administrator account. When you can import buyer information to Harvest by way of a CSV file add, it’s a must to enter all of the duties and challenge names into the software program.
With Harvest’s expense monitoring, you’ll be able to simply submit bills that you just incurred on behalf of the corporate and/or whereas engaged on shopper duties and tasks. Marking bills as billable additionally enables you to add it to buyer invoices for billing.
When you’re utilizing Harvest’s cell apps, you need to use your system’s digital camera to take a snapshot of your receipt, connect the picture to your expense declare, after which submit it electronically. For net app customers, you’ll must individually scan the receipt, add the scanned doc (both in PNG, GIF, PDF, JPG, or JPEG file codecs), and add it to the expense declare.
For many who select to activate Harvest’s weekly time sheet approval setting, be aware that the submission deadlines are the identical for each time sheets and expense claims. As of this writing, Harvest doesn’t have an possibility that permits you to submit these individually.
Harvest has a module that permits you to create estimates for tasks and ship these to purchasers. When you’re a Professional subscriber, you’ll be able to connect information—like product photographs, examples of earlier work, and the job’s phrases and circumstances—to your estimates.
Invoicing and Consumer Funds
This mechanically turns your billable work and bills into invoices. You’ll be able to then e-mail these to your purchasers and even see in the event that they’ve seen it. Harvest can even remind your clients about unpaid invoices and permit them to pay instantly with its PayPal and Stripe integrations.
Professional subscribers are granted entry to a Crew dashboard that reveals an outline of who’s doing what, who’s working an excessive amount of or too little, and who’s protecting billable duties. You’ll additionally be capable of observe any lapses in time entries, in addition to overview and approve your workforce’s time sheets weekly. It even enables you to arrange your workforce’s work capability, which is the full variety of hours that every member is on the market to work in every week.
Harvest makes use of your time sheet to create intuitive visible studies that show what number of hours you’ve tracked, how shut you’re to your finances, and a breakdown of your information by workforce member and/or process. This lets you hold observe of challenge progress, budgets, and inner prices.
Third-Celebration Software program Integrations
With greater than 50 integrations, Harvest enables you to sync time information and observe hours from instruments that you just most likely already make the most of, together with reporting, challenge administration, communication, and accounting software. Listed here are a few of its accomplice techniques:
- Analytics and reporting options: Klipfolio, eazyBI, Plecto, Databox, Parakeeto, heroBI, Undertaking, and Sew
- Communication and buyer relationship administration (CRM) techniques: Akita, Slack, Pastel, Google Workspace, Zendesk, and Zendesk Promote
- Contract and proposal instruments: Bidsketch and Formstack
- Finance and cost software program: PayPal, QuickBooks On-line, Stripe, Xero, and InvoicePayout
- Improvement and productiveness apps: Zapier, Alfred, Fuss, Teamwork Tasks, Google Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook
- Undertaking administration techniques: Apollo, Asana, Breeze, Basecamp, Trello, Rindle, and MeisterTask
You may also join software program that isn’t included in Harvest’s integration choices. This may be completed by means of its utility programming interface (API) that permits you to create a strong integration with different apps.
Harvest Ease of Use
- Straightforward to arrange and use
- Intuitive interface
- Environment friendly time tracker apps
- Intensive on-line assist middle
- Webinar and video tutorials
- Electronic mail and telephone assist
Harvest has a simple interface with instruments which are easy to study and use. Setting it up may be very simple as a result of it’s web-based and doesn’t have sophisticated set up necessities. Along with its user-friendly instruments, it supplies a number of choices for monitoring time—from cell apps and browser-based timers to desktop packages and on-line time sheets that assist handbook information inputs.
When you require help, Harvest gives telephone and e-mail assist. You may also take a look at the extensive number of how-to guides and FAQ articles which are tucked inside its on-line assist middle. Some guides even include video tutorials that present the fundamentals of utilizing its options. You may also join a product webinar—Harvest gives 30-minute periods on Thursdays, both at 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. Jap time.
High Harvest Options
What Customers Assume About Harvest
Harvest obtained largely optimistic opinions on third-party websites like G2 and Capterra, the place customers raved about its user-friendly instruments that make time monitoring and shopper invoicing simpler. Some reviewers, then again, dislike its occasional app glitches and the complicated decimal time codecs through which 2.25 means two hours and quarter-hour. A number of customers additionally commented that whereas its paid plan prices an inexpensive $12 per consumer month-to-month, including extra consumer seats might be expensive for small enterprise homeowners and freelancers.
On the time of publication, Harvest opinions earned the next scores on common consumer overview websites:
When studying by means of consumer opinions, I observed a few of these traits:
Harvest is a superb selection for freelancers, solopreneurs, and small enterprise homeowners who want a budget-friendly option to observe time. It has a free possibility that features limitless invoices, a number of time trackers, two lively tasks, and one consumer seat. Nonetheless, when you’re beginning to deal with numerous tasks and wish extra consumer seats, its paid possibility comes with limitless tasks and customers. It’s additionally moderately priced—costing $12 per consumer month-to-month—and also you even get extra options like information imports, QuickBooks On-line and Asana integrations, and extra.
You will get began with its free perpetually plan, or discover all of Harvest’s instruments free of charge for as much as 30 days. Join a free trial at this time—no bank card required.