Bronze medalist Eumir Felix D. Marcial, who misplaced by break up choice to his Ukrainian opponent Oleksandr Khyzhniak in a semi-final match within the males’s middleweight boxing division, will come dwelling to no less than P7 million pesos whole for his stint on the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
He can even stay up for lifetime Mabuhay Miles per 12 months for all times from Philippine Airways (PAL) and a couple of years of free flights from AirAsia.
Right here is the breakdown of his incentives to date:
- P2 million from the Philippine Sports activities Fee, the required quantity for bronze medalists as per Republic Act No. 10699
- P2 million from the Manny V. Pangilinan Sports activities Basis
- P2 million from San Miguel Corp. President Ramon S. Ang
- P1 million from Phoenix Petroleum, by way of the Siklab Atleta Pilipinas Basis
- 40,000 Mabuhay Miles per 12 months for all times from Philippine Airways
- 2 years of free flights from AirAsia
“Our athletes have been making historical past on the Tokyo Olympics, one win after one other. The satisfaction they’ve delivered to our nation is priceless,” mentioned Alan Raymond T. Zorrilla, senior vice president of Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc., which hopes to encourage extra assist for athletes like Mr. Marcial by way of the personal initiative Siklab Atleta.
Although the Zamboanga-born boxer misplaced within the semi-final bout, he earned his bronze medal by knocking out Armenian opponent Arman Darchinyan in below two minutes of the opening spherical of their quarterfinal match.
Fellow boxer Nesthy A. Petecio obtained related rewards for scoring a silver medal within the ladies’s featherweight division on August 3 whereas weightlifter Hidilyn F. Diaz obtained essentially the most incentives of all of them for securing the Philippines’ historic first Olympic gold on July 27. — Brontë H. Lacsamana