Figuring out when a retailer is open or closed can be tricky when holidays are involved. Stores aren’t required to follow the federal holiday calendar. As a result, many choose to open on some holidays but may close on others. If you’re curious about the holiday schedule for Target in 2022, here’s what you need to know.
Holiday Schedule for Target 2022
Like most major retailers, Target doesn’t close for many holidays. However, there are a few occasions where the retail giant does shut its doors entirely or early in recognition of a holiday. By knowing which ones Target observes, you can plan your shopping trips accordingly.
Here are the holidays where Target is open:
- New Year’s Day – Saturday, January 1, 2022
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 17, 2022
- Valentine’s Day – Monday, February 14, 2022
- President’s Day – Monday, February 21, 2022
- Patrick’s Day – Thursday, March 17, 2022
- Good Friday – Friday, April 15, 2022
- Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Cinco de Mayo – Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30, 2022
- Father’s Day – Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Juneteenth – Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4, 2022
- Labor Day – Monday, September 5, 2022
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 10, 2022
- Halloween – Monday, October 31, 20211
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 11, 2022
Here is a list of holidays where Target either closes fully or shuts down early:
- Easter – Sunday, April 17, 2022 – Target is closed
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24, 2022 – Target is closed
- Christmas Eve – Saturday, December 24, 2022 – Target is open but closes early
- Christmas Day – Sunday, December 25, 2022 – Target is closed
- New Year’s Eve – Saturday, December 31, 2022 – Target is open but closes early
It’s important to note that Thanksgiving wasn’t typically on Target’s holiday closure schedule prior to the pandemic. However, it shut down for the holiday in 2020 and 2021. As a result, the odds are decent that the retailer will do the same in 2022, though that is technically subject to change.
Target Store Hours 2022
Target doesn’t use a single operating schedule for all of its locations. However, most follow similar hours.
Here is an overview of a typical Target store operating schedule:
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm
- Sunday: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm
The hours above are simply a reflection of typical schedules, including common variances. Some stores may actually break from this mold, too. For example, high-traffic stores in large cities may have extended hours.
It’s also important to note that some stores are 24-hour, though this is rare due to the pandemic. Additionally, pandemic-related concerns can cause stores to alter their hours, as well as unexpected technical issues, utility problems, or similar events. Construction could also cause a store’s schedule to change.
Ultimately, it’s best to check with your preferred Target location by either calling or using the store locator before shopping, especially if you like early morning or late-night trips. That way, you can confirm that customers are welcome at that time.
Additionally, keep in mind that you can shop online any time, day or night, including on holidays. However, pickup and delivery services are only available when the store is open, so you can only take advantage of those during operating hours.
Do you think that the holiday schedule for Target 2022 seems reasonable? Would you prefer that the retailer be open or closed more often? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started. Check out these helpful tools to help you save more. For investing advice, visit The Motley Fool.