2022.3 Update: This card is alive again. The current offer is 70k. HT: FM.
2021.11 Update: This card is probably discontinued.
2021.9 Update: The new offer is 80k. However, its spending requirement is larger than the previous 75k offer.
- 70k offer: earn 60,000 AAdvantage Miles after spending $1,000 within the first 90 days, and earn additional 10,000 AAdvantage Miles when a purchase is made on an employee card.
- 5% AAdvantage mileage bonus earned every year after your account anniversary date based on the total number of miles earned using your card. Note that this benefit does not exist for the personal Barclays AA Aviator Red.
- We value AA Miles at 1.6 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 75k highest sign-up bonus worth about $1,200! See A Beginner’s Guide to AA Miles to check for details about AA Miles.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and on office supply, telecom and car rental merchants, earn 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 on other purchases.
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions.
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- 25% savings on eligible in–flight purchases using card.
Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year.[Update: this benefit is no longer there.]
- Earn a companion certificate good for 1 guest at $99, issued each year after your account anniversary when you spend $30,000 or more on eligible purchases (taxes and fees apply).
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $95 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- [6/24 rule] Similar to Chase 5/24 rule, Barclays will reject your application if you have 6 or more new accounts in the past 24 months. Note that this is a soft rule for Barclays.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
Overall, this card is similar to the personal Barclaycard AA Aviator Red. The sign up bonus is very good and it only requires one purchase, so it’s a good card to get.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- You can not downgrade this card to any card.
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.
Historical Offers Chart
Share this post with friends
If you like this post, don’t forget to give it a 5 star rating!
[Total: 3 Average: 3.7/5]