What do we know about the Next Generation funding of the European Union?
From AmatZonia we explain those that are destined to update and rehabilitate residential buildings to improve their energy efficiency. Since October 5 last year, these funding are regulated through Royal Decree 853/2021 in 6 programs aid in residential rehabilitation and social housing of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
So residential buildings are the ones who will receive the most aid and our AmatZonia department will inform and advise you on which is the best option for each individual building or home.
LOTS OF POTENTIAL FOR IMPROVEMENT
Photo by Anthony Esau
In Spain there is great potential to improve these issues. More than 81% of existing buildings are in the letters E, F or G in terms of emissions, and the percentage increases to 84.5% of the buildings if we talk about energy consumption. Therefore, it is clear that there is a significant need for improvement in terms of energy rehabilitation.
This happens because about 45% of the buildings were built before to 1980, when there was no regulation on energy efficiency in newly built buildings.
THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE FUNDING
The purpose of the Next Generation Funding is to reduce at least 30% of energy consumption in residential homes with the purpose of rehabilitating 75,000 homes in 3 years.
Although they have not yet been published and the exact dates are not known, the aid will be distributed among the improvement actions that are carried out, or have been carried out, until June 2026 and will be distributed in 3 annual installments between 2021, 2022 and 2023.
WHAT AID PROGRAMS ARE WE INTERESTED IN?
The 6 programs are made up of 5 programs for rehabilitation and 1 of social rental housing construction.
Photo by Scott Webb
- Rehabilitation actions in the neighborhoods
- Support for rehabilitation offices
- Rehabilitation actions in buildings
- Improvement of energy efficiency in homes
- Preparation of the Existing Building Book and drafting of rehabilitation projects
- Build social rental housing in energy efficient buildings
The programs that most interest us are number 3 and 4, which promote the rehabilitation of buildings and homes.
Next, we explain them.
NO.3. AID PROGRAM FOR REHABILITATION ACTIONS IN BUILDINGS
- Actions in residential buildings to improve energy efficiency.
- Accredit the reduction of the non-renewable primary energy consumption in a minimum of 30%.
- Prove the 25% reduction for cooling and heating in climate zone C, which is the one that corresponds to Barcelona and Girona.
At this point in the program are included actions carried out on the building envelope, in facades and roofs; one option would be to install insulation or green roofs that could be complemented with solar panels. But a study of the possible actions must be done by analyzing the data in the table.
NO.4. PROGRAM TO PROMOTE ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN HOMES
- Actions to improve energy efficiency in homes, whether single-family or belonging to multi-family buildings.
- Actions that achieve a reduction of 7% in global annual energy for heating and cooling.
- The maximum investment that can be subsidized per housing will be €7,000
- The amount of the subsidy will be 40% of the maximum investment that can be subsidized
In this case, they would be actions more focused on closures and windows.
In order to improve the energy efficiency of a building, different types of actions can be carried out at the same time in order to achieve the necessary objectives to obtain the aid, each building is in a different situation and from AmatZonia we will explain the options to each.