Easy tips to attract more candidates before, during and after the event
A Franchisee Satisfaction Award from Franchise Business Review is the only award that recognizes the Top Franchises based exclusively on ratings and feedback directly from franchisees.
Franchise expos are the perfect place to promote your award to show candidates how satisfied your franchisees are—and why your brand should be on the top of their list. If you haven’t seen the satisfaction reports from the most recent survey, ask your home office team for a copy of the results.
10 Tips for Promoting Your FBR Award
1. Get your top scored areas/questions from the team to share while you are in the booth as talking points. Find out how many franchisees participated in the survey and talk about your participation rate. This shows that your franchisees are engaged and know that they are being listened to by the leadership team.
2. Display your FBR Award graphic or your acrylic award prominently in your booth. Acrylic awards can be ordered through the FBR website here.
3. Have our Validation Highlights Sheet as a handout or Validation Highlights Video playing in the booth. These are short, impactful visual representations of actual data that proves your brand has some of the highest satisfaction in the business. (You can find out how to get them here.)
4. FBR distributes copies of our Franchise Buyer’s Guides, which feature our award-winning brands, at the expos we attend, but if you want printed copies to bring to shows we don’t go to, email us and we can send you copies to share.
5. Incorporate your FBR Franchisee Satisfaction Award-winning status into all your printed promotional materials as well as tradeshow booth graphics and materials to help you stand apart from competitors.
6. Call out your award in promotions prior to the Expo—emails, newsletters, social media—to show people why they need to find you on the floor or book a meeting to talk more.
7. Use a QR code to drive candidates to download a copy of your FBR Satisfaction Summary report (if you have it). If not, talk to us about how to get it.
8. Include the FBR Franchisee Satisfaction Award graphic on corporate employees’ business cards with a QR code that links to your FBR Satisfaction Summary results.
9. Encourage everyone to wear their FBR Franchisee Satisfaction Award pins proudly during the event to show others your franchisees are among the most satisfied in North America.. (Email us to order pins if you don’t have them.)
10. Highlight your satisfaction award in follow up communications to the leads you capture at the event. Include an award graphic, link to a press release, or link to your FBR Satisfaction Summary Report.
Looking for more ideas on how to use your award-winning status? Read 10 Ways to Strengthen Your System by Promoting Your FBR Award.
How to Connect With Candidates on the Expo Floor
This award is a big deal! Make sure candidates know it. These talking points will help you differentiate your brand with the candidates you meet:.
- Only 200 brands receive this award each January.
- You have a THIRD PARTY do the survey work to lend credibility to the data and the award.
- Your team invites all active franchisees to offer feedback on how satisfied they are with what your brand is doing in areas key to their success: brand culture, training and support, and financial opportunity, as well as more personal aspects of the business, like lifestyle and overall enjoyment.
- Asking for feedback is part of your relationship with the franchisee network, and involving them in changes and the future direction of the brand is highly valued by both brand leadership and franchisees.
- Sharing the data with your franchisees and candidates shows transparency AND sets realistic expectations of what it’s like to run the business when they join your brand.
- Encourage candidates to ask for satisfaction data and franchisee feedback from ANY brand they are considering in the research. Remember, not all brands can provide that kind of information and it will really set you apart!
Not sure if your brand has surveyed or haven’t seen the reports? Ask your home office team for more info or get in touch with us to discuss development opportunities FBR offers exclusively to award winners.
Photo Credit: Zaxby’s Development Team at Franchise Expo West in Phoenix, AZ
Paul Pickett, Chief Development Officer at Wild Birds Unlimited shares how they use FBR’s survey data and tools to attract qualified franchise candidates, speed up their validation process. and assist with multiple store development.