LIC IPO date is fixed, the IPO is to hit the market on 04 May 2022 as per the market speculations, official announcement soon. LIC IPO is going to be one of the biggest IPOs ever launched in India. LIC IPO DRHP filed for a full offer for sale, with no Fresh Issue. The government to sell a 5% stake via mega IPO. LIC IPO to raise around ₹21,000 crores via IPO that comprises fresh issue of – and offer for sale up to 316,249,885 equity shares of ₹10 each. The retail quota is 35% while QIB is 50% and HNI is 15%.
The LIC IPO will be one of the biggest IPOs in the Indian Market. The IPO is to list on NSE and BSE. The IPO is a part of the disinvestment of the Government stack in the company. It will a great opportunity for retail investors and employees to invest in the company for the longer-term and short term. As per the speculations, the LIC Policy Holders will get the quota to apply for the LIC IPO.
Life Insurance Corporation is controlling around 72% of the market and around 66% share of the total premium collection. The valuation of the company stayed around ₹9 Lakh to ₹10 Lakh crore. The company was founded way back in 1956. It’s a merger of 245 insurance companies. The company had a monopoly in life insurance till the 1990s, after that the government gives a chance to the private sector in life insurance. They have around 2000+ branches in India with 8 zonal offices situated in Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Patna, Kanpur, and Kolkata. They have 100+ divisional offices, 1100+ mini offices, and 1500+ satellite offices. You can check LIC IPO subscription status and LIC IPO allotment status on their respective pages.
LIC IPO Important Details:
- LIC IPO price band set at Rs 902-949, a discount of Rs 60 for policyholders: Govt sources – Moneycontrol
- LIC has over 13 lakh agents who generate business and earn commissions.
- LIC is one of the Highly Trusted Insurance Brands in India.
- The company manages around 39 lakh crores of assets, utilizing these funds in the stock market and bonds.
- LIC is the 5th largest global insurer in the World.
- LIC has 2000+ branches, 100+ divisional offices, and 1500+ Satellite Offices.
- Guide: How to Link PAN with LIC Policy
- LIC Valuations: As per the market speculations LIC government was aiming for a LIC valuation of around Rs 15 lakh crores
- IPO-bound LIC reports a net profit of Rs 1,437 crore for H1FY22 – Moneycontrol
- LIC IPO Draft Paper Filing Likely this Month: LIC IPO Date, Price, Key Things to Know – Network18
- LIC to open India’s biggest IPO issue by mid-March – Economic Times
- Centre reaches out to investors ahead of LIC IPO; embedded value likely by August: Report – TimesNowNews
- LIC IPO: Centre plans to raise up to ₹25,000 cr from over 24 anchor investors – BusinessToday
LIC IPO Review (Good or Bad)
Brokerage Firm IPO Review
- Axis Bank: Adding Soon
- Capital Market: Adding Soon
- SMC Global: Adding Soon
- Reliance Securities: Adding Soon
- Ajcon Global Services Ltd: Adding Soon
- Hem Securities: Adding Soon
- ICICI Securities: Adding Soon
LIC IPO Date & Price Band (Tentative)
The below given IPO details are not confirmed yet by the officials. We will make the changes according to the official announcements. Stay tuned for the updates.
|IPO Open:||04 May 2022|
|IPO Close:||09 May 2022|
|IPO Size:||Approx ₹21,000 Crores|
|Fresh Issue:||Approx – Crores|
|Offer for Sale:||Approx 316,249,885 Equity Shares|
|Face Value:||₹10 Per Equity Share|
|Price Band:||₹902 to ₹949 Per Share|
|Listing on:||BSE & NSE|
|Discount:||₹60 for Policy Holders & ₹40 for Retail & Employees|
|DRHP Draft Prospectus:||Click Here|
|RHP Draft Prospectus:||Click Here|
LIC IPO Market Lot (Tentative)
The LIC IPO minimum market lot is 15 shares with ₹14,235 application amount. The retail investors can apply up to 14 lots with 210 shares or ₹187,200 amount.
|Minimum Lot Size:||Minimum 15 Shares for 1 lot|
|Minimum Amount:||₹14,235 for 1 lot|
|Maximum Lot Size:||Maximum 210 Shares for 14 lot|
|Maximum Amount:||₹199,290 for 14 lot|
LIC IPO Allotment & Listing Dates
The LIC IPO date is 04 May 2022 and the close date is 09 May 2022. The LIC IPO allotment will be finalized on May 2022 and the IPO listing on May 2022.
|Price Band Announcement:||May 2022|
|Anchor Investors Allotment:||02 May 2022|
|IPO Open Date:||04 May 2022|
|IPO Close Date:||09 May 2022|
|Basis of Allotment:||May 2022|
|Credit to Demat Account:||May 2022|
|IPO Listing Date:||May 2022|
LIC IPO Form
How to apply for the LIC IPO? You can apply for LIC IPO via ASBA available in your bank account. Just go to the online bank login and apply via your bank account by selecting the LIC IPO in the Invest section. The other option is you can apply for LIC IPO via IPO forms download via NSE and BSE. Check out the LIC forms – click BSE Forms & NSE Forms blank IPO forms download, fill, and submit in your bank or with your broker.
LIC Company Financial Report
|₹ in Crores|
LIC IPO Valuation – FY2021
Check LIC IPO valuations detail like Earning Per Share (EPS), Price/Earning P/E Ratio, Return on Net Worth (RoNW), and Net Asset Value (NAV) details.
|Earning Per Share (EPS):||₹4.70 per Equity Share|
|Price/Earning P/E Ratio:||N/A|
|Return on Net Worth (RoNW):||45.65%|
|Net Asset Value (NAV):||10.30 per Equity Share|
- SBI Life Insurance Company
- HDFC Life Insurance Company
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
- The President of India, Acting Through The Ministry Of Finance, Government of India
LIC IPO Registrar
KFin Technologies Private Limited
Selenium, Tower B, Plot No- 31 and 32
Gachibowli, Financial District
Hyderabad 500 032, Telangana, India
Tel: +91 40 6716 2222
Investor Grievance ID: email@example.com
Contact Person: M Murli Krishna
SEBI Registration Number: INR000000221
LIC IPO Allotment Status Check
Check LIC IPO allotment status on KFintech website allotment URL. Click Here
LIC IPO Lead Managers
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited
- Axis Capital Limited
- BofA Securities India Limited
- Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited
- Goldman Sachs (India) Securities Private Limited
- ICICI Securities Limited
- JM Financial Limited
- J.P. Morgan India Private Limited
- Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities (India) Private Limited
- SBI Capital Markets Limited
Life Insurance Corporation of India
Central office: Yogakshema, Jeevan Bima Marg,
Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021,
Contact Person: Pawan Agrawal
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer
Tel: +91 22 6659 8732
IRDAI Registration number: 512