Brian Ostrovsky is the Founder and CEO of Locable, a web platform that helps community organizations, businesses, and nonprofits with local marketing, collaboration, and cross-promotion. As a marketing strategist and business technologist, Brian uses his passion for technology to help build communities and promote local businesses. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration and Consumer Behavior from Azusa Pacific University and a Master of Business Administration degree in Business from The Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. Brian is the author of the book, Marketing 3-4-5, which helps people understand effective marketing techniques to transform their business.
Today, Brian joins me to share the power of local marketing and how it differs from online marketing. He reveals how you can take advantage of the enormous amount of local searches made every day and common mistakes to avoid in local marketing. He details the process for improving your local SEO and outlines what you will need to invest. Brian also divulges how to proactively seek reviews for your small business and what geotargeting advertising is, as well as how to utilize it for your business.
“Reviews are this magical opportunity to get customers to talk about you in their own words.” – Brian Ostrovsky
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- What local marketing is and how it’s different from online marketing
- How small businesses can take advantage of local search results
- Common mistakes business owners make with local marketing
- How to improve your local SEO and how much you need to invest
- Whether template websites are worth using
- How your small business can proactively seek reviews
- Geotargeting: what it is and how to use it
Connect with Brian Ostrovsky:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!