Sandeep Dayal, a seasoned marketing and strategy leader at the consulting firm Cerenti Marketing Group and author of his new book is Branding Between the Ears: Using Cognitive Science to Build Lasting Consumer Connections joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is on association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Sandeep Dayal discuss the following:
- What is wrong with the old way of doing branding? Is it not simply a matter of figuring out what is different (rationally or emotionally) about your brand and putting that in a message?
- How are cognitive brands different? How do they and do they work?
- You talk about “Brands with Empathy” and “Brands with Values” in your book? What are these? Why do brands need to have empathy or values? What does that have to do with my product’s features and differences?
- Most people argue that give the number of brands that are out there, the clutter of messages, consumer attention spans are shorter and brand messaging needs to be short and sweet. How come you say that consumer attention spans are not getting shorter?
- How should brands think about becoming experiential brands? Is this the same as sensory branding?
- Most people say that in the world increasing competition and technology, consumers have more power. But you say that marketers have increasing power given their knowledge of how consumers’ brains work? What are the implications for ethics in how marketers should behave?
Sandeep Dayal a seasoned marketing and strategy leader at the consulting firm Cerenti Marketing Group. He serves as a counselor to C-suite executives and board members at Global Fortune 500 companies and has helped clients build blockbuster brands in markets spanning the EU, Latin America, Asia and the US. He has co-authored articles in Marketing Management, McKinsey Quarterly and Strategy+Business. His new book is Branding Between the Ears: Using Cognitive Science to Build Lasting Consumer Connections (McGraw-Hill, Nov. 30, 2021).
People also listened to this: The Konar and the Apple with Babak Hodjat
The post Rethinking How to Appeal to Consumers Using Cognitive Science appeared first on Enterprise Podcast Network – EPN.