Lynnette Khalfani-Cox—The Money Coach—is a finance expert, author, and television and radio personality. She is an award-winning financial news journalist and former Wall Street Journal reporter for CNBC. Lynnette has been featured in many publications, including USA Post Today, The Washington Post, and The New York Times. She is a regular guest on CNN, Fox Business, and MSNBC. She is also the author of the best-selling book, Zero Debt: The Ultimate Guide to Financial Freedom, which shares her story of freeing herself from debt and turning her financial life around.
Today, Lynnette shares her journey and what led her to become The Money Coach. She clarifies the personal and business tax deadlines and identifies the most significant tax changes for this year. She reveals common mistakes people make when filing their business taxes and how to reduce your 2022 tax bill. Lynnette also explains whether you should do your own taxes, the best uses for a tax refund, and how to resolve tax issues with the IRS.
“One huge mistake is not claiming enough. Especially as business owners, we should try to take every legal deduction that we are entitled.” – Lynnette Khalfani-Cox
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- How Lynnette became The Money Coach
- Clarity on personal and business tax deadlines
- The biggest changes in taxes for 2022
- Common mistakes business owners make when filing their taxes
- Planning for this year to reduce your tax bill for 2022
- Whether you should do your own taxes
- The best ways to use your tax refund
- What to do if you have a tax discrepancy with the IRS
Connect with Lynnette Khalfani-Cox:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!